Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Ginger
Embrace autumn with our Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Ginger recipe. Using fresh sugar pumpkins, ginger, shallots and garlic to make a flavourful purée, you'll have tasty comfort in every bite!
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Toss together pumpkin,shallots,garlic,ginger,oil,cumin,salt and pepper; arrange in even layer on baking sheet. Roast for 40 minutes or until very tender.
- Transfer to blender with broth; purée until very smooth. Pour into large saucepan; bring to simmer over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Save time by substituting 2 cups (500 mL) pure pumpkin purée for pumpkin or butternut squash.
- Garnish with roasted pumpkin seeds,chopped cashews or fresh cilantro.
- How to prepare a pumpkin for baking: Cut pumpkin in half; scrape out stringy pulp and seeds. Cut pumpkin into pieces; remove peel from each piece and discard. Cut pumpkin pieces into chunks.
Did you make this?
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox
Stay inspired with easy and delicious
meal ideas wherever you are