Savoury Beef Bourguignon
Don't let its fancy name fool you; this classic French beef stew recipe is surprisingly easy to make! Impress your guests and save cooking time by using yummy and flavourful CAMPBELL'S® Savoury Beef & Onion Rich & Thick Stock. This tender beef is best served served with mashed potatoes to enjoy all the sauce or you can spoon this stew beef over a slice of bread and seasoned with parsley!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Pat beef dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. To peel pearl onions, first blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes then immerse in cold water to peel outer layer off.
- Using a large cast iron Dutch oven or oven-safe pot with a lid, preheat over medium heat. Heat oil and sear beef in batches, browning all sides, do not overcrowd the pot, then set aside beef in a bowl to capture juices.
- Using the same pot or saucepan, add the butter and sauté the mushrooms until slightly golden, about 5 minutes, remove and set aside with beef. Next fry the bacon and pearl onions until golden brown, about 3 minutes, then add the garlic for one minute before deglazing the pot with the red wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Stir in the CAMPBELL'S® Rich & Thick Stock.
- Return the mushrooms and beef with accumulated juices to the pot. Add the carrots, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer, cover, and place in the oven at 350°F for 60 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven, stir, season with salt and pepper to taste and if needed you can also add tomato paste to give a touch of tang and to thicken the paste. Serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with chopped parsley or fresh thyme.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Savoury Beef & Onion Rich & Thick Stock (500 mL)
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox