Shortcut Chicken à la King
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green and red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped celery
- 1 can (284 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Condensed 40% Less Salt Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen green peas
- Dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups (1 L) hot cooked white rice
- Heat oil at medium-high in large skillet. Add pepper and celery and stir fry until tender crisp. Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in mixture of soup and milk. Add chicken, peas and pepper. Heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice or pasta. If desired, garnish with fresh parsley.
Ratings & Reviews
Review by Rozalyn V.
My family LOVES this and so do the neighbors! Tips: we like it best with both red and green peppers. NO peas. Substitute asparagus on the side. Always season the chicken when cooking. I use onion and garlic powder with a touch of Mrs.Dashb table blend. Best on a bed of basmati rice made with chicken broth instead of water. GREAT comfort food!
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox