Steak and Mushroom Supreme Pasta
Comfort-food at its finest! A mix of mushrooms, onions and seared beef pulls everything together in a classic combination of flavours. Best served over pasta for your next weeknight dinner. This quick, easy and delicious steak and mushroom recipe requires just 10 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes to cook.
- Season steak with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Using a cast iron pan over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of oil. When your pan is starting to get a little smoky, add your steak. Allow the steak to cook on both sides, about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, or longer for medium, depending on your desired doneness. Remove from pan and set on a plate to rest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Using the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil and sauté the mushrooms and finely chopped onions, until golden brown, about 5 mins, then add the chopped leeks, cook for 3 more minutes. Add carton of CAMPBELL'S® Savoury Beef & Onion Rich & Thick Stock and any accumulated juices from the resting steak, bring to a simmer. Stir in chopped parsley and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, thinly slice steak and arrange on top of pasta; pour the creamy mushroom sauce over steak and noodles. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Dont feel like pasta tonight? No problem! This delicious pan sauce also goes well with mashed potatoes or for favourite grains.
- Serve with your favourite vegetable, try sautéed asparagus, it pairs well with mushrooms and steak!
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Savoury Beef & Onion Rich & Thick Stock (500 mL)
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox