Weeknight Beef Ragu with Pasta
Indulge in a new pasta sauce for your weeknight dinners. This hearty and yummy beef ragu recipe made with tender sirloin steak, is a perfect comfort food, packed with flavour of ragu sauce to enjoy your weeknight supper with friends and family.
- Season steak with 1 tsp of salt and ½ tsp of salt and pepper and bring to room temperature.
- In large pot/skillet, heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat. Sear meat in batches until lightly browned, remove and set aside. Add 2 more tbsp of oil to the pot and sauté the carrots, celery for 3-5 minutes or until celery is translucent.
- Deglaze the pot with red wine, scraping the bottom to loosen up any brown pieces. Add the remaining ingredients and ½ tsp pepper stir for 1 minute. Pour in CAMPBELL'S® Rich and Thick Stock, the seared beef, along with its juices and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat to medium-low, continue cooking for 25-30 minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Serve sauce over pasta and garnish with fresh parsley.
- This recipe can be thrown in a slow cooker and kept warm until ready to eat. Sear beef first and then add all ingredients except pasta to slow cooker. Turn on low temperature for 6 hours. Follow manufacturers directions for specific instructions for your slow cooker.
- Instead of sirloin steak you may also try this recipe with ground pork/lean ground beef/ground turkey, as per your preference.
- Vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil can also be used instead of olive oil.
Recipe Made With
Campbell’s® Savoury Beef & Onion Rich & Thick Stock (500 mL)
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox